Thursday, August 25, 2011

Garlic Chicken Fried Rice

This is a delicious concoction that I literally...cooked up.  Everyone loves it - my boyfriend, my daughter, mom.  Well, almost everyone.  My dad doesn't like it.  It tastes almost like Chinese chicken fried rice, only better.  The only thing is, you have to play around with the recipe, as I don't really measure anything.

Chicken - 1 to 2 pounds
Brown rice, cooked and cooled
Garlic - 2 to 3 cloves, depending on your garlic tolerance
1 small yellow onion
Soy Sauce
Olive oil

To start, chop the garlic as small as possible.  Chop the onion in 1/2 inch pieces.  Using a small amount of oil, begin to saute.  While sauteing, begin to cut the chicken into small chunks.  Once cut, add to the onion and garlic and cook until done.  Once there is no more pink in the chicken, add the rice.  Fry it up for a few minutes, constantly stirring so it doesn't stick to the pan.  Once rice is thoroughly heated, add soy sauce to your liking.

Besides the cutting part, this recipe is quick, easy, and delicious.  Make sure your rice is completely cooled before adding it or you will just get a sticky mess.  If you want to be creative, add vegetables like broccoli and peppers to make it a complete stir-fry.  I just made this last night but it went before I was able to snap a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment